Hello, my dear friends! Today I decided to follow a savoury path and make a delicious potato salad with one of my favorite fruit, avocado! It’s a filling salad, ideal for a festive table. It doesn’t keep well in the fridge, so you’d better finish it off the day you make it. If you don’t have mint or peppermint, use parsley. Do not omit herbs! They’ll enhance salad’s flavour so much. So, here we go..
Ingredients (serves 4-5):
4 potatoes, peeled (650 gr.)
3 tomatoes (450 gr.), cubed (keep the seeds)
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of rocket
1 avocado, halved (80+80 gr.)
2 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp mustard
1 tsp agave syrup or honey fr non vegans
3 Tbsp mint and peppermint leaves
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
salt and pepper
1. Cook potatoes.
2. In a bowl, place the half of the avocado (diced), diced tomato (keep the seeds, we will need them for the dressing), onion, rocket, 1 Tbsp olive oil and mix well.
3. In a blender, pulse the rest of the avocado, lemon juice, agave syrup, garlic, mustard, tomato seeds, olive oil, mint and peppermint leave, salt and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, put potatoes cut in cubes, the rest of the ingredients and the dressing.
5. Stir until wel coated. Be careful, do it gently so as not to mash the potatoes.
6. Transfer in a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Source: The Veggie Sisters