Hello, my friends! Today we are making a simple, yet very tasteful dish, packed with nutrients: basmati rice with lentils and veggies. The ideal meal to take at work or at school. It tastes heavenly even when it is cold.
Ingredients (serves 4):
250 gr. basmati rice
1 cup lentils
1 medium eggplant
1/2 red, orange, yellow pepper
2 garlic cloves
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
1. Cook lentils and rice in separate pots.
2. Finely chop veggies and saute them in olive oil for a few minutes.
3. Add spices and 1/2 glass of water and let cook.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. When everything is ready, serve either by stirring all ingredients (above picture) or spreading them in layers (post’s picture).
NOTE: It is delicious even when you get it right out of the fridge!
Source: The Veggie Sisters