Hello, my friends! Summer is already here, so I decided to post the first sugar-free jam in my Site. I suppose that one of the most delicious fruits of summer is strawberry. So, here it is! This jam is healthy, yummy and ideal not only for spreading on bread but also for using it in desserts!
Ingredients (yields 2 small jars):
750 gr. strawberries
6 Tbsp (75 gr.) stevia 1/3
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp agar-agar
4 fresh mint leaves
1. Wash and finely chop strawberries.
2. Place them in a large pot and boil on medium heat.
3. Add fresh mint and keep stirring with a wooden laddle. There is no need to pour water. Just keep it on medoum heat and keep stirring.
4. After 10 minutes, add stevia and stir so that it dissolves.
5. After 5 minutes, add agar-agar and then lemon juice. Stir for a while. Cooking time is almost 20 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and empty hot jam in sterilised jars.
7. Turn them upside down. When cold, store in the fridge.
NOTE: Agar-Agar is a powder produced from seaweed and used in confectionery to replace gelatin. You will find it in shops with organic products.
Source: The Veggie Sisters