Hello, my dear friends! Today, we’re making yummy bread rolls with cheese. My idea was to make a dough, fill it with cheese and then cut it into rolls. The rolls were spread with mustard, filled with cheese and slim slices of garlicky mushrooms. In the end, the rolls baked in the oven until golden brown.
I’ll only tell you one thing: I couldn’t stop eating them. The next day you can toast the leftovers! You have to try these! I’m sure you will love them!
Of course, you can opt for other filling ingredients. For example, if you’re not a mustard fan, you could use tomato sauce, basil instead of oregano, peppers instead of mushrooms, etc.
450 gr. all purpose flour
200+100 gr. lukewarm water
9 gr. dry yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 big portobello, thinnly sliced
6 Viofast slices
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt and pepper
1. In a bowl place 200gr. water and sugar and yeast and set aside for 10 min. In another bowl combine 100gr. water with salt.
2. In the yeast mixture add graduall the flour, stir and in the end pour the salted water. Stir to combine.
3. Knead the dough until it is soft and malleable. Put it in preheated oven at 50℃ for 75 min. until it rises. Then roll it it out on a floured surface with a rolling pin in a rectangular shape.
4. While the dough is rising in the oven prpeare mushrooms. Saute them in a non sticking pan with oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
5. Spread mustard on the dough, sprinkle with oregano, put mushroom slices, top with cheese. Starting at the big end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down.
6. Then with a serrated knife cut into 2cm sections.
7. Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush them with milk, sprinkle with sesame seeds and put them in the oven for 20 min. at 50℃ .
8. Then bake them at 200℃ for 25 min. until golden brown.
TIP: If there are leftovers, keep them in an airtight container.
Source: The Veggie Sisters