Hello, dear friends! I confess that I am in love with basmati rice. I discovered it many years ago and loved it from the first bite! So, I cook it often! Just think about some ideas with basmati rice as the main ingrentient: with roasted veggies, with lentils and veggies, veggie basmati rice with mustard sauce or basmati rice with leeks and mushrooms. All these dishes are absolutely delicious and I recommend you try them!
Today I’m posting a filling yummy dish with basmati rice with mushrooms and cashews, cooked in soy sauce. Warm or cold it’s equally delicious and you can take it to the office or to the beach with you!
Ingredients (serves 3):
1 1/2 cup basmati rice
350 gr. white mushrooms, chopped
1 pepper, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 zucchini, diced
3 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup raw cashews
4 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
black sesame seeds (optional)
1. Place veggies in a non stick pan and cook over medium heat until soft.
2. Add soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
3. In the meantime, cook basmati rice according to package instructions.
4. When veggies are done, pour olive oil, add cashews and remove from heat.
5. Toss the veggies in the pot with the rice and stir to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
TIP: I don’t use salt because soy sauce is too salty for me. But check it out and decide if you want to season with salt.
Source: The Veggie Sisters