Cory Godbey creates fanciful illustrations for picture books, covers, comics, animated shorts, and films.
From commercials to documentary films, Cory has worked with a wide ranging series of subjects and styles to create thoughtful, engaging, and award-winning art and animation for over a decade.
His work has been featured in a variety of esteemed annuals and publications including ImagineFX, The Society of Illustrators and Spectrum: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art.
He has illustrated picture books, book covers and other projects. His style is unique and undeniably worthy of an impressive client list that includes HarperCollins, Random House, Archaia and The Jim Henson Co and he has worked on animated shorts and commercials with clients including Prudential Insurance, Microsoft Zune and the documentary film “The Last Flight of Petr Ginz“.
His short Graphic Novel stories have won the Eisner Award.
Cory lives with his wife, son and a pack of stray cats in South Carolina. He enjoys meeting new creatures and hikes through twisting paths with friends. Cory seeks to tell stories with his work. He also likes to draw monsters.
- The Night Knights (written by Gideon Sterer, illustrated by Cory Godbey), 2018
- Dark Crystal Tales (story & illustration by Cory Godbey), 2017
- Labyrinth Tales (story & illustration by Cory Godbey), 2016
- Nine Tenths: The Slider (written by Alex Anstey, illustrated by Cory Godbey), 2016
- Ruth (written by John Piper, illustrated by Cory Godbey), 2010
All Rights Reserved © Cory Godbey