Hello, dear friends! Today I’m posting one of my favorite recipes: Vegan Quinoa Tacos! I may don’t know much about Mexican Cuisine but I can’t stand spicy food. Of course, this is a mild version of a classic Mexican dish. Tacos are usually filled with chicken, minced meat or seafood but I chose quinoa and red beans (to get protein) and several vegetables. An avocado sauce takes these tacos to a another level and enhances their flavor!
You should try this recipe, I’m sure you’ll love it. Happy cooking!
Ingredients (for 12 tacos):
240 gr. red beans, cooked
3/4 cup quinoa + each 1/2 tsp garlic and onion powder
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, seeded and finely chopped
1 green pepper
150 gr. corn, cooked
10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
salt and pepper + 2Tbsp olive oil
For the Avocado Sauce:
1 (130 gr.) ripe avocado
1 garlic clove
50 gr, tomato
1 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp agave syrup (or honey)
10 fresh mint leaves
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
2. When quinoa boils in the water, add garlic and onion powder. Don’t forget to rinse it thoroughly.
3. In a bowl, combine beans, pepper, onion, corn, tomato and mint.
4. When quinoa is cooked, remove it from heat and allow to cool. Then, combine it with the vegetables.
5. Season with salt and pepper and pour the oil. Stir to combine.
6. In a blender, pulse all the sauce ingredients until creamy. Transfer in a bowl.
7. Heat tacos according to package instructions.
8. Then, spread sauce in each taco and fill with the quinoa mixture.
Source: The Veggie Sisters