Hello, dear friends! Today we are making a filling healthy dish, with no meat and animal products. Portobello mushrooms stuffed with lentils and drizzled with a rich tahini sauce! It’s absolutely mouthwatering and it is worth trying!
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 cup lentils
5 big portobello mushrooms
2+2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp mustard
2 Tbsp pine nuts
1 tsp garlic and onion powder
2 Tbsp orange juice
parsley and fresh oregano, finely chopped
For the Tahini Sauce:
2 Tbsp tahini
6 Tbsp orange juice
1 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
salt & pepper
1. Cook lentils and drain them. (Note: Don’t overcook them, they have to be al dente!) Set aside.
2. Remove the stems of the mushrooms and the black gills by scraping with the edge of a spoon.
3. Combine 2 tbsp olive oil with mustard, salt and pepper. Brush mushrooms with this mixture.
4. Bake them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until golden brown for about 30 minutes at 180℃.
5. In a bowl combine lentils with garlic and onion powder, oil, orange juice, herbs, pine nuts, salt and pepper. Combine all the sauce ingredients.
6. When mushrooms are cooked, remove from oven and place them on a platter.
7. Fill each mushroom with the lentil mixture and drizzle with the tahini sauce. If you have lentil left overs, keep them for the next day.
8. Just cook some basmati rice and mix them with it.
Source: The Veggie Sisters