Petra Brown has been a Children’s Book Illustrator since 2006, when her first picture book “If Big Can… I can!“, written by Beth Shoshan, was shortlisted for the Booktrust Early Years Awards for Best Emerging Illustrator. Since then, she has produced illustrations for a range of publishers in the UK and abroad.
In an interview, Petra Brown said: “I love drawing animals with human expressions. I find it such fun creating, say- a thoughtful fox, a happy hippo, a shy sheep, or a caring bear! The other thing I like is creating landscapes, places where my characters can run about and have adventures. Living in a magnificent place like Snowdonia helps a great deal!”
While she was working her first story, that will be published by Sleeping Bear Press in 2017, she admitted that she had been lucky enough to work with many different publishers in Britain and abroad. She is now thrilled to say that she has started to write for children.
As she tells on her website, Petra was brought up in a friendly and hard-working family in the house surrounded by fields and green hills. Besides, her life has always been full of books. In her childhood, Petra demonstrated high interest to illustrations and spent hours with her favorite books thoroughly copying the illustrations by the best artists. Apparently, that was the time when her passion grew to the magic of breathing life into stories via illustrations. Petra lives with her partner in Wales, UK.
- Rewind (by Paul Manship) – Cover Art, 2006.
- A Pet Called Persil (by Viv Sayer) – Cover Art & Black-And-White Illustrations, 2006.
- If Big Can… I can! (by Beth Shoshan) – Full Color Picture Book, 2006.
- Finbar Sails to Wales (by Marnie Francis) – Cover Art & Black-And-White Illustrations, 2007.
- Hush Little Baby (Published by Tiger Tales) – Full Color Picture Book, 2007.
- If You Can… We Can! (by Beth Shoshan) – Full Color Picture Book, 2008.
- Thumbelina (by Susanna Davidson) – Full Color Picture Book, 2008.
- East of the Sun West of the Moon (by Susanna Davidson) – Full Color Picture Book, 2009.
- Usborne Book of Greek Myths (by Anna Milbourne & Louie Stowell) – Shared Interior Illustrations with two other illustrators, 2010.
- How the Leopard Got His Spots (by Elizabeth Rogers) – Full Color Picture Book, 2011.
- Snorey Time (by Meg Pybus & Catherine Pybus) – Full Color Picture Book, 2012.
- I Will Keep You Safe and Sound (by Laurie Haskins) – Full Color Picture Book, 2013.
- Grandma Loves You! (by Helen Foster James) – Full Color Picture Book, 2013.
- Dulce Como Un Te Quiero (by Marina Montero) – Full Color Picture Book, 2014.
- Rags, Hero Dog of World War I: A true story (by Margot Theis Raven) – Full Color Picture Book, 2014.
- Grandma’s Christmas Wish (by Helen Foster James) – Full Color Picture Book, 2015.
- Sid and the Rugby Match (by Tanya L. James) – Full Color Picture Book, 2015.
- Grandpa Loves You (by Helen Foster James) – Full Color Picture Book, 2016.
- Mummy Loves You (by Helen Foster James) – Full Color Picture Book, 2017.