I have grown to love split peas so, it would be impossible to not add a relative recipe on this site. Split peas with caramelized onions, sun dried tomatoes, cashews, scented with sage. This dish is out of this world! I highly recommend it! Even if you don’t like split peas, you should give a chance to yourself and taste the specific recipe. The ingredients pair so well that you’ll be surprised!
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
250 gr. split peas, soaked overnight
2 onions, thinly sliced
6 sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup raw cashews, coarsely chopped
1 tsp brown sugar
4 +1 Tbsp olive oil
8 sage leaves
sea salt, pepper
1. Rinse split peas and cook in a pot with salted water in medium heat.
2. Add onion.
3. When liquid is absorbed (after about 45 minutes – 1 hour), remove from heat.
4. Pour olive oil, season with pepper and puree with an immersion blender.
5. In the meantime, saute onion in a non sticking pan with sugar and sage. Saute on medium heat until the onion gets translucent.
6. Add sun dried tomatoes and cashews. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve split peas and top with onions. Garnish with balsamic cream.
Source: The Veggie Sisters